Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Issy - Baby, you're a firework.

I’m posting again at work! Hahaha. Ugh, it seems this is all I ever do anymore. Work, work, work. I’m really thinking of finding a home for my animals and only worrying about making enough to cover my insurance and car payment. I don’t really want to live in my city anymore. I miss where I lived (where Lexi is now) or the surrounding area actually. I think now that I’m living in a bigger city, I’ve had more opportunities but still I miss being carefree. I guess I need to stick it out here at my job for a few more months. I need a year in experience before I should really think about other things.

Ah! My leg is falling asleep right now. And my arms and neck are burning. Damn sunburns! This is going to be one long post because there is so much to tell! Saturday, Sunday, and then Monday!

I know I’ve blogged about me liking Sepi and all that jazz but when someone starts to act like a total tool/douchebag, I can’t bring myself to like them anymore. And that’s kind of what is happening. We never hung out Saturday night. He never texted me back. Not surprising. I knew the minute he mentioned it that it wasn’t going to happen. I just thought I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. I’m tired of guys when they don’t follow through with things THEY suggest. And maybe it’s not like so much as infatuation. Who knows? I sure don’t. But what I do know is that Sepi has now been placed on the back burner. I’m pretty sure in the next week or two we aren’t going to see each other. And he leaves two weeks from now I believe. Bon voyage, Sepi!

When one door closes, another one (or a window) opens! That is going to be my new saying, I think. It’s so very accurate! But let’s start off with Saturday night.

I was planning on spending it with Sepi. But when he never got back to me at around 9PM I decided, you know what? I’m not sitting home and wasting my night because of some stupid boy! I wasn’t going to sit around and wait on the phone call/text that I knew wasn’t going to happen. I hit up Roy and he told me he was heading to the pool hall with some friends. I asked who and he told me their first names. Being the best friend that I am, I had to do a little research to see how attractive Roy’s friends were for my bestie! I sent her the links. So around 11PM (I had to get ready, duh) I drove(an hour) to Lexi's and picked her up then we headed over to where Roy and his friends were. We played pool for a few hours. When the bar closed we went and got food from Wendy’s. Roy’s friend who was driving was behind us and tried to add onto Lexi’s order. It was so funny!


When we leave there, we follow the boys to Roy’s house. It’s about a twenty minute drive from where we were at. Now during that twenty minute span, we were doing crazy things. The first thing was Lexi threw a fry at the window. That started a war! It was just so funny. They would switch lanes, then I would switch lanes, and we threw a handful of fries at them and I heard Roy “I CAUGHT ONE!” lmao. Then they got behind us and turned on the blinker and I was like wtf? So I pulled into the turning lane. They flew by and were laughing at us! Jerks!

At Roy’s house we just hung out, played an olddd game, and then started watching TV. Lexi and I lay down on the floor and we saw Titanic on TV, we made the boys turn it on. Lexi and I were under a blanket and Roy’s friend said something about he was going to go cuddle with Roy. They act like lovers and it’s so funny! I texted Roy and told him I wanted to cuddle too! So he crawled around us and lay down behind me and put his arm around me. It was so cute! He started texting me asking if we were going to do anything. I told him not in front of everyone! He said there was a spare bedroom. I told him not that night because I wasn’t going to leave my friend alone with two strange boys! I’d love to have sex with Roy, don’t get me wrong. But I’m not sure if he just wants to fuck ANYTHING, or ME.

------------------------------

The end of Saturday and the beginning of Sunday definitely ran into each other this weekend. We left Roy's around 5AM. Went to sleep shortly after we got back to my dad’s. We had to wake up at 9AM because we were going riding. After the first ride, Sunday was also my dad’s birthday, so we went and I bought him a present. After that we went on riding trip number two. We weren’t done until 4 PM. The horses were some we had never ridden before but they were such sweethearts. So after I took Lexi home, I had to run to help my brother out. My brother loves explosives. So, I had to go help him with his 4th of July show, since he fired three people who weren’t really working. I find it so funny because one of the people he fired was this really egotistical “marine” kid. I worked harder than he did. Also, I didn’t complain, he did. Anyway, about seven of us were working all night. One of them went home around 11PM, the rest of us stayed up until 2AM.

This is where I met Oakley. Kean, my brother’s friend, and I were trying to set up a tent. I know nothing about it so I’m just standing there and Oakley walks up behind me, touches my shoulder, and was like “Here, I’ll get it babe.” Now, if you know me, you know I don’t like to be called babe or any other endearment like that by just anyone, especially a stranger. For some reason I didn’t really mind him calling me babe. So I was like okay fine and moved away. He apologized and said he didn’t mean to just take over. I told him it was okay no worries I didn’t know what I was doing anyway. After we get the tents set up and everything I mentioned to Kean how a beer sounded good! (I wanted to drink and that was the only available alcohol :( ) Well, Oakley offered me one then went and got it and opened it for me. Kean and Oakley both smoke (ew) so we had to walk to the north end of the dock since they couldn’t be around the fireworks. We sat there for probably about 15minutes just talking. Oakley is 24 and he was the first mate/captain of the crew, his older brother was the captain. So as we start to walk back to finish working, we have caution tape up on both sides of the dock since nobody can come near the fireworks, well Oakley and Kean both hold down the caution tape for me to walk through. I’ve never had a problem walking through it before. So guess what happens? I trip over a piece of it. Oakley was teasing me like “You haven’t even had a beer and you can’t walk! We held it down so you wouldn’t trip!” Yeah, I’m a total klutz. I started to laugh because I'd had barely any beer and I had spilled it all over my pants and there was a ridiculous amount of foam in the bottle. A few more hours of work, my brother dropped a firework. Nothing happened, thank god, but we all decided to stop for a little while and take a nap.


-----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to the sunrise and the picture I was able to take was so awesome. It's the sunrise, the reflection on the water, the bridge to the left , and the fireworks in front! I love sunrise/sunset pictures.


We worked well into the day and Lexi came out to visit(and to get her stuff from my car)! We were standing on the dock when Oakley walked up. Somehow we started talking about the shuttle. I mentioned how I tried getting tickets to the last shuttle launch and Oakley said that he got free tickets! I was like, ":O You're going to take me with, yes??" He told me sure. Lexi was like "Make that two tickets!" He said he would and to get his number later! So we (hopefully) get to watch the last shuttle launch from the water! :)

Lexi and I were carrying boxes down to the truck to throw out. Oakley was behind us and someone was holding the tape for us again. He goes, “Don’t trip!” So as I’m going under, I don’t trip, but I hit the top of the tape with my freaking head! I’m like OMG it’s your fault! Everyone has a good laugh about that.

Nothing else eventful really happened until 8:45 when the bardge was pulled out in the river away from the dock. We get out to where we are supposed to be set at and then get back to work! Oakley threw the anchor out and then helped us. I got his number a few minutes before the show started. The show was supposed to start at 9:30! My brother needed someone to hit the switches to fire off the fireworks while he called the time. Nobody wanted to do it, so Kean was like, Amanda do you want to? Fuck ya! So my brother told me what I was going to have to do and at first I thought it was really easy. Then I started thinking about it. What if I fuck up? The City's show would be ruined as would my brothers job! Ah! But as it came down to time, you forget about your nerves and remember what you have to do. So I hit the switches every time my brother said go! Shit was falling around us, it was crazy! I thought something was going to land on me and I would've freaked out! And to see the fireworks that close up was amazing. It's such an unreal experience! I want to do it again!

After the show, my brother, my other brother, Kean, the other guy working with us, and Oakley all gave me hugs and told me it was awesome! We had to wait out there for awhile while the tubes cooled down. Oakley and I talked for a little bit just chilling while we waited. He seems like a pretty cool dude. He's a surfer. Has his own house on the beach!! When we got back to the dock my bestie was waiting for me! I love her! We hung around the dock for awhile, everyone who came by said the fireworks were awesome! It's such a cool feeling to hear you did a great job with something like that! Then there were these drunk guys who wouldn't listen to my brother. The cops came out and they were on the north end of the dock at this point. A sexy cop walked by lexi and I and we both immediately were like, "daaayyyummm" heheh. The drunk guy got tased and that was pretty funny. You could hear and feel him hit the dock!

I think that was about it for the weekend! Oh! I did get to see my cute dark-haired Walgreen's boy last night! tehe. Poor boy was sick though! His nose was all stuffed. I told him I hoped he felt better and he looked right at me and smiled saying, "thanks I hope you have a GREAT tuesday!"

I think I'm out of writing for now! Gotta finish up at work! Tomorrow Lexi's going to come stay with me and Friday bright and early we're gonna head to the shuttle launch! If Oakley isn't working that is!

Excited for Friday! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment